Business Development Representative
We are now experiencing rapid growth that creates exciting opportunities for passionate and highly motivated individuals to join our business development team.
- Leverage networks to reach out to prospects in the form of cold calls, emails, or social networks, evaluating prospects, and maintaining relations with existing customers.
- Regular client contact/visit, consult with clients to assess and understand their equipment needs and systems requirements.
- Prepare responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information).
- Act as a subject matter expert of BioXtra Labs offerings; Understand product roadmap, and know how to communicate in a pre-sales environment.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs.
- Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients.
- Working with sales coordination and administration teams to prepare proposals/quotes, and to process customer orders.
- Analyze costs and sales, prepare reports and keep customer records.
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Recommending manufacturing improvements to meet specific customer needs, help in the design of custom-made products.
- 1+ years of experience as a Business Development Representative or technical sales is preferred.
- Willingness and passion to quickly learn skills and knowledge in a new industry.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- Great at building rapport, friendly, outgoing, and enjoy engaging with new people via phone, email, and on social media.
- Strong technical writing skills with experience in preparing technical sales presentations and proposals.
- Excellent technical products sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Team player and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Valid passport with the ability to travel national and international.
- Diploma /certificate in business, mechanical, chemical engineering, or related fields is preferred.
- Bilingual (second language) is an asset.
Location: Toronto, ON and Delta, BC, Canada
This is a full-time, Junior position. We offer competitive salary and comprehensive training to the qualified candidates. Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.